Learning Delphi by example!
Delphi has been established as one of the best software development tools for Windows desktop applications. Since its inception in 1995, it has constantly grown with the challenges of the IT industry. Today, applications often must be deployable to multiple platforms or mobile devices and offer non-proprietary interfaces for interaction with other software or hardware. TMS Software has been offering software components and products specifically designed for Delphi developers since the first version of Delphi. From recent seminars, conferences, and events TMS realized that practical examples how to make use of their components and products have the greatest learning effect. This idea lead to the Hands-on series.In this first book of the Hands-on series, several examples for a reproducible usage scenario are built.
- Write a professional web service for a database with over 8 million records.
- Design VCL, FireMonkey and TMS WEB Core web clients for multiple platforms and devices.
- Implement a reporting service with XData.
- Generate signed PDF documents with a customizable template.
- Add a token-based login to your services.
- Build user interfaces with vector images to be ready for any display resolution.
- Encrypt sensitive data using modern algorithms.
- Use parallel programming to build responsive client applications.
- Write better code with static code analysis.